Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Yummiest Pasta Yet

Okay, so this isn't a review, but a shameless self-promotion of my tastiest pasta yet, as well as reminder to myself on how to replicate it.

Today, after preparing the pasta (flax-seed rotini), I returned it to the pot and added my newly-cooked, self-seasoned ground bison & bison juice, over very low heat. After I mixed the two together, I slowly added the Healthy Choice Garlic & Herbs Pasta Sauce and combined it with the ingredients in the pot. Then, I let the whole thing simmer over low heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.

The pasta tastes way more well-blended than my previous pastas, which always tasted like pasta + sauce. I think that adding the meat & meat juice separately to the pasta before adding the tomato sauce, made the difference.

Anyway, I rate my own pasta a 9.5 / 10 for deliciousness, the - 0.5 being that I slightly overcooked the pasta beyond the point of al dente.

Bison - the best red meat to cook with and the healthiest member of the cow family to eat! =D


No comments: