Monday, September 04, 2006

Corn-Whipped

I am in love ... with Krispy King Taber Corn. This is the sweetest, most large-kerneled yellow corn I have ever sunk my big rabbit teeth into, and every bite is assuredly heavenly. It's a seasonal indulgence, since the Taber corn people only come out in the summer to offer their wares, and I'm pretty sure they're just about ready to pack up their side-of-the-road vendor stands and drive home pretty soon.

Until then, though, I am going to try to eat an ear a day, because this stuff is amazing and I cannot resist its sweet, crispy, juicy taste. Yum!

Oh - and if you're interested in eating Taber corn with mounds of butter, here are some recipes for various types of butters that you can make. I'm a purist, so the only thing I add is some Becel Light Margarine (if that).

And if you enjoy Peaches and Cream corn, apparently there is a bicolour Taber corn out there for you too! I have yet to try the P&C variety, but I definitely will in the next few days.

Rating: 10 / 10


No comments: