Saturday, May 15, 2010

Le Gavroche - DOV 2010


Food: * * * *

Service: * * * *

Inside a quaint little house is a romantic little French restaurant. Food was solid and portions were generous and tasty. My only complaint would be that the potatoes on my entree were a bit cold :S Otherwise, service was attentive and food was hearty in a home-cooked kind of way; do not expect to compare these dishes against the more upscale French dining in the city, which offer greater subtlety and refinement. This is like the B&B of French cuisine in the area, not the 5-star luxury resort hotel of French food. Ambiance was quiet and intimate, though there *was* a raucous table that annoyed me greatly when we were there. Priced at $38 for the DOV menu, I'd say it was worth it. Delicious and I would definitely come back again (but maybe not in a group - it's a good place to go for just the two of ya).








No comments: