Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sequoia Grill - The Teahouse


Hubbs and I have been eating out a lot. We did the seawall walk a few weeks ago and stopped by the Teahouse for lunch. We had a hard time finding the Teahouse since its real name is Sequoia Grill and happens to be located in a teahouse, which is where the nickname comes from.

Anyway, we got to sit on the deck outside in the sunshine. After having walked to Stanley from our Coal Harbour home, and from the one end of the seawall all the way to Third Beach, we were pretty hungry. We decided to share an appy and order sandwiches.

The ahi tuna was seared perfectly and done really well. Hubbs loved it, and I enjoyed it too (but likely not as much as he did).


Next, the sandwiches. Hubbs had a shrimp clubhouse sandwich while I had the chicken breast BLTC burger. Hubbs liked his sandwich but found it a little lacking in flavour; he does a spicy shrimp salad for his own sandwiches and personally, I think this has spoiled him for all other shrimp salad sandwiches to come.

My BLTC was yummy. A bit drippy/messy but I devoured it all; the bacon was a nice thick kind and very smoky and flavourful, and the chicken breast was moist and filling. I even liked my wedge fries, although they gave me so many that it was an impossibility to try to finish them all off. I think I picked out all the crispy ones ;)


Service was friendly, the standard for most upper-scale restaurants. Some of the other patrons on the patio were obviously among the wealthy "elite," the sort of folks that I find a bit too snooty to want to interact with. Such is to be expected, though; this isn't a cheap burger joint, and it is reflected in both the clientele and the prices. However, the dining experience is very pleasant and proper, making the lunch enjoyable overall.

The Teahouse would be a great date place, and very romantic at sunset I imagine. Be prepared to spend money if you go, however; it's not the sort of location you want to roll into every week wearing your holey jeans and sweat shirt.

Service: 4 out of 5

Food: 3.5 out of 5


No comments: