Thursday, February 05, 2009

El Taco


Excusing the cheesy name, El Taco is probably our second favourite burrito place (after Mucho Burrito in E-town).  Hubbs and I stopped in to grab burritos to go today, after we had gone on a long walk (my DPA-daily physical activity) ;)

Hubbs ordered a seafood burrito while I had the beef one.  The lady behind the counter was very friendly, and informed us that we'd be waiting 5-10 minutes for our food to be made.  Next thing I know, I see said lady having a very animated discussion with the cook lady in the kitchen.  My concern was that our food would take forever.  It didn't but it did definitely take the full 10 minutes.

We enjoyed our giant, one-pound-plus burritos when we got home.  Mine was leaking a bit (owing to a poor wrap job and the fact that this thing was monstrous in size), but it was sure tasty!  I didn't finish my entire burrito, but I did try to eat most of the filling and leave the white flour tortilla.  Hubbs really liked his burrito, which held together far better than mine did.  

At the end of our meal, we came to the conclusion that we liked El Taco much more than most of the other taco places we've tried, but not quite as much as we like Mucho Burrito.  El Taco did beat out Taco del Mar and that U.S. chain, Chipotle, though!  And the cost wasn't bad - we paid about $8 per burrito.

Service: 4 / 5
Food: 4 / 5


No comments: