Friday, December 22, 2006

Da-de-o



I went to Dadeo with my sisters a few weeks ago, for lunch. The place is located in the grunge-chic Whyte Ave. of the city, and in an unassuming building with just a simple purple-coloured neon sign to announce its presence.

Inside, think 1950's diner-style decor. Booths, vinyl-covered chairs, and funky juke-box music, with an adult-only sort of atmosphere.


Service was efficient and quick. Place was packed full for their lunch special of various types of po'boy sandwiches. I had the cajun blackened catfish po'boy with a side of glorious sweet potato fries, which came with some creamy, sinfully-delicious dipping sauce. The po'boy was very large and I actually ended up eating only half of the bread and all of the fish from the sandwich. I had most of my fries, though, because they were spicy and crispy and had this great coating on them which gave them the cajun flavours. One sis had the fried oyster po'boy, and the other tried the calamari one. From what I can tell, they enjoyed their sandwiches and fries as well.

I was stuffed by the end of lunch, and my meal only cost me $8.95 (plus tax and tip). Not bad considering how much I felt like I had eaten. I didn't bother ordering a drink because I needed the cleansing power of the water to help degreasify my meal and also dilute the spiciness of the food.

Overall, fantastic experience, and I'm totally coming here again with Hubbs next time. Dadeo's - if you want funky cajun diner-style grub in an adult-only restaurant.


Rating: 9. 5 / 10







3 comments:

Vanilla Con said...

Yummmmm...sweet potato fries...mmmm...

Anonymous said...

So when are *we* going? ;)

Mrs. Loquacious said...

On Sunday ;)